The August technical talk for the South African Institute of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (SAIRAC) KwaZulu-Natal centre was all about air conditioning.
The technical talk took place on 30 August and was presented by Luke Jevon from Smiths Manufacturing and Denso.
From left are: Arie Van Vuuren, Cyril Maurel (SAIRAC KZN chairman) and Aziz Zuberi.
Jevon’s talk looked at the following aspects of automotive air conditioning:
- Typical AC systems
- System operation
- Manual and auto systems
- Different sensors for control
- HVAC system: typical
- HVAC system: temperature adjustment
- Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) heaters and hot gas systems
- Fuzzy control and neural network control
- Compressors: benefits of rotary and reciprocating compressors
- Clutches: single groove, double groove and multiple grooves
- Condensers: advancements
- Evaporators: advancements
- Expansion valves
- Recycling and recovery machines
During the meeting, membership certificates were also handed out to new associate members.
Luke Jevon from Smiths Manufacturing and Denso gives his talk on automotive air conditioning.