The Johannesburg centre of the South African Institute of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (SAIRAC) is offering a building management system (BMS) control course in June – enrol now to secure your spot!
The course will take place at the ACRA training academy in Chloorkop in the evenings over three Tuesdays on 13, 20 and 27 June. It is available to both SAIRAC members and non-members.
This course will be presented by Ian Wilson. He started in HVAC controls in 1977 with Honeywell moved around a bit and ended up with Motor Control Construction, representing Landis & Gyr from 1982 to 1994. He then started his own business – Direct Digital Control Services (DDCS) – in 1994 and it’s still going strong. DDCS has represented Innotech Control Systems in Australia since about 2001.
- Basic controls: pneumatic, electric, electronic controls.
- The single loop controller: proportional, integral and derivative.
- Temperature sensors and their relationship with resistance.
- Direct digital controls: BMS, inputs and outputs; understanding the different types.
- The BMS points list.
- Practical using a digital controller.
For more information, contact Mariet Pieterse on +27 (0) 82 772 1694 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org