All ears listening to the presentation
The SAIRAC Johannesburg Technical meeting had Rob Hollister of PWM as speaker and the focus was on water treatment pertaining to closed circuit cooling. 46 SAIRAC Members and visitors attended the talk. It was well received by all.
Mr Hollister, Operations and Service manager of PWM, looked at chillers and condensers in HVAC applications, considering the following:
- Common understanding of terminology as it applies to water treatment;
- System descriptions;
- Risks specifically associated with closed circuit systems;
- Pre-commissioning protocols and treatments;
- Post-commissioning treatments;
- Maintenance; and
- Hybrid energy conservation systems.
After the talk everybody enjoyed a light finger meal while socialising and interacting with Rob on same issues faced within their own and clients plants.
Rob Hollister was the presenter for the evening